Highlight a phrase and click this icon to search it on Swyx-Forum    Highlight a phrase and click this icon to search it within the Swyx Knowledgebase    Highlight a phrase and click this icon to search it using Goolge    Highlight a phrase and click this icon to search it using Wikipedia

Highlight a phrase and click this icon to search it on Swyx-Forum    Highlight a phrase and click this icon to search it within the Swyx Knowledgebase    Highlight a phrase and click this icon to search it using Goolge    Highlight a phrase and click this icon to search it using Wikipedia

Project Links
Project Team

Remco Eikhout
(Project Lead)

Remco Eikhout

Remco Eikhout
(Project Lead)

Remco Eikhout

Swyx Forum is currently moving!

Therefore it is not possible to login at the moment!

After 7 1/2 years it is time for Swyx Forum to get some new clothes, more fancy, more modern and more easy to use. And this is what is going to happen soon. A preview and a rough description on the new features can be found here.

Please note that the content of the current forum will not move, but instead stay as it is and become a read only archive for all times. Also your user accounts will not move automatically. You will have to create yourself a new one after the new forum will go online.

Forum Status

Please note that this is not an official support forum of
Swyx Solutions AG,
but instead a privately owned and driven website.

Please note that this is not an official support forum of
Swyx Solutions AG,
but instead a privately owned and driven website.

Forum Help

Important News

Stay up-to-date
Forum Icons
Image Usage
Report Abuse

The default language in the forums is english.

Important News

Stay up-to-date
Forum Icons
Image Usage
Report Abuse

The default language in the forums is english.

Sponsors

iQueue (Swyx Forum Edition) - Forums

iQueue (Swyx Forum Edition) - Forums

Forums  Devices  SwyxPhone L4xx,...  L615 not showing on the network
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post 11/4/2011 10:43 PM
Resolved
User is offline Dave80
13 posts
9th Level Poster

L615 not showing on the network  (United Kingdom)

Hello all

I have two L615 phones connected to a network, at the moment both are displaying "Telephony is down".  I have ran network scans to see if I can pick up IP's but they are not showing.  Both phones are unresponsive to key presses to allow me to factory reset them through the normal menu options. 

Is there away I can force a factory reset on the phones when booting them?  I've trawled through many sites and read through the user guide PDF, but I haven't seen anywhere with a "how to"

Any thoughts and suggestions are very much appreciated.

Cheers

Dave

New Post 11/4/2011 10:46 PM
User is offline Tom Falk Hansen - Unicom|nordic
163 posts
4th Level Poster

Re: L615 not showing on the network  (United Kingdom)

Hi Dave,

Press 1 3 0 at the same time (it might take some trying.

Go into the menu under admin press the access code 123456 and in the menu select factory reset.

The factory reset code is 1 2 4 8 16

Good luck with it

Tom Larsen
(Swyx T.A.G Member )

Competence is Expensive, Incompetence is about double the price.

New Post 11/5/2011 1:43 AM
User is offline Dave80
13 posts
9th Level Poster

Hello Tom

Thank you for the quick reply.  We have tried the button press and codes supplied, but the phone is still not showing on the network.  I have asked the site to send the phone back to me so I can deal with it directly and see if I can get it up and running here. 

Any ideas as to why it wouldnt be showing on the network?

Kind regards

Dave

New Post 11/5/2011 2:29 AM
User is offline anonymous
0 posts
No Ranking

Re: L615 not showing on the network  (Germany)

Dave80 wrote

Thank you for the quick reply.  We have tried the button press and codes supplied, but the phone is still not showing on the network.  I have asked the site to send the phone back to me so I can deal with it directly and see if I can get it up and running here. 

Any ideas as to why it wouldnt be showing on the network?

As far as I know you have to configure the deployment server via the webbased configuration of the L615. Open https://<IP of the phone> in your webbrowser, go to "Administrator Pages > Network > Update Service (DLS)" and type in the IP address of your Swyx server. Default admin password is 123456, but you should change that, otherwise everyone on your network can mess with the configuration of all phones in his subnet.

It should also be possible to configure the phones via vendor specific DHCP settings, but I don't know all the details for that.

If you can't find the IP address of the L615, look in the log file of your DHCP server. The MAC addresses of our phones start with 00:1A:E8.

New Post 11/5/2011 2:46 AM
User is offline Dave80
13 posts
9th Level Poster

Hey Tz

The site didnt have DHCP enabled on their server.  I've turned it on and now have full access to the phone.  Not sure why I didn't check this earlier.

Thank you

Cheers

Dave

Previous Previous

Next Next
  Forums  Devices  SwyxPhone L4xx,...  L615 not showing on the network

Forum Policy

The discussion forums at Swyx Forum are dedicated to the discussion of SwyxWare and related topics.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of Swyx Forum, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. The opinions and answers given in this forum are to be taken as the personal opinions of the forum members and must not be taken as an official statement of a company a forum member works for.
  2. No Advertising. This includes promotion of commercial products and non-commercial products which are not directly related to SwyxWare or it's OEM versions.
  3. No Flaming or Trolling.
  4. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
  5. Furthermore, make sure your posts comply to our Terms of Use.
  6. Newest development in German law defines online forums as journalistic content, making the forum owner and all posters to journalists. With this statement the forum owner declares that neither he nor his users are journalists with all legal consequences.
  7. The German Jugendmedienschutz-Staatsvertrag (JMStV) (Protection of Minors) defines a disclosure of online medias which are not suitable for minors below the age of 18. The Swyx Forum webseite does not provide any such content and underlies therefore not this disclosure. Please see further details including the responsible person for the protection of minors and direct contact data in the Imprint.
  8. The forums are currently unmoderated, meaning all postings will appear immediately after submission. If this turns out not working due to massive abuse all forums will switch to moderated mode, meaning a posting must be approved after submission my a moderator before appearing.
  9. You can use any language you like (except for the project forums) but keep in mind that by using english you will reach the largest audience.

Forum Policy

The discussion forums at Swyx Forum are dedicated to the discussion of SwyxWare and related topics.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of Swyx Forum, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. The opinions and answers given in this forum are to be taken as the personal opinions of the forum members and must not be taken as an official statement of a company a forum member works for.
  2. No Advertising. This includes promotion of commercial products and non-commercial products which are not directly related to SwyxWare or it's OEM versions.
  3. No Flaming or Trolling.
  4. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
  5. Furthermore, make sure your posts comply to our Terms of Use.
  6. Newest development in German law defines online forums as journalistic content, making the forum owner and all posters to journalists. With this statement the forum owner declares that neither he nor his users are journalists with all legal consequences.
  7. The German Jugendmedienschutz-Staatsvertrag (JMStV) (Protection of Minors) defines a disclosure of online medias which are not suitable for minors below the age of 18. The Swyx Forum webseite does not provide any such content and underlies therefore not this disclosure. Please see further details including the responsible person for the protection of minors and direct contact data in the Imprint.
  8. The forums are currently unmoderated, meaning all postings will appear immediately after submission. If this turns out not working due to massive abuse all forums will switch to moderated mode, meaning a posting must be approved after submission my a moderator before appearing.
  9. You can use any language you like (except for the project forums) but keep in mind that by using english you will reach the largest audience.